From the UTS:Careers Career Programs Team
Over here on the UTS Careers Blog, we’re not big on sharing a lot of self-advertising. That being said, there is one program that I feel is worth breaking the trend for: The Accomplish Award. From my experience, this program is one of the best ways you can increase your employability, easily get some quality advice, and move that much closer to landing your dream job – all while you’re still studying.
So what’s it all about, and why are we breaking our own unwritten rules for it? Read on to find out!
Benefits of Accomplish
Looking to improve your employability skills? Applying for roles but not getting any response from employers? Well we have the program for you! The UTS Accomplish Award can help you with all of the above PLUS enhance your work readiness by giving you the tools you need to feel confident in your job search.
As well as an increase in work readiness, a recent survey showed that 88% of surveyed Accomplish Award graduates are now employed!
By participating in the program, you will also have the opportunity to….
- Build your network - through a series of interactive workshops, you will gain insight into what employers are looking for when hiring grads. Also, come along to one of our tailored networking lunches and have a chat with employers from your industry.
- Improve your resume – submit your resume for personalised feedback after our tailored resume masterclass.
- Learn how to tap into the hidden job market - choose any of our elective workshops on job search, marketing yourself to employers, networking or making the most of LinkedIn and learn how to get the most out of your job search.
- Partake in a free mock interview with an industry professional and receive on the spot feedback.
- Build your confidence in applying for degree-specific jobs and gain an in-depth understanding of what employers are looking for in graduates.
- Gain recognition of your participation on your Graduate Statement (AHEGS) (Platinum Award level only).
- Choose from ‘pick and mix’ style elective and tailor the award to meet YOUR needs.
- Put into practice all the new skills you’ve learnt through the workshops through your employability hours
But don’t just take our word for it, read what our previous Accomplish graduates gained from the program!
How to apply
To apply, log into CareerHub and complete the application form. Before you do, make sure to have a read through the information on our website. Otherwise, the FAQs document should answer any most of your queries.
Applications for the 2017 Award are now open until 24 March 2017.
Featured image courtesy of Pexels.